Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{Personal} the 29th Birthday Post - Instagram Edition

After yabbering on and on about "change" in my Friday love post, I thought I would share a little bit of my birthday fun. I must say, it was the Best-Birthday-Ever. And trust me, I've had some great birthdays. I'm sharing my birthday fun, according to the instagram. And if you don't know what that is, I will tell you! It's the most fun iphone app ever. At least, to me, it's the most fun. Take a photo, pick a filter and upload instantly. Facebook & Twitter see waaaay too much of my Instagraming fun.

 But enough chatter, this is supposed to be about the 29th birthday.

 It started out with Lucky Charms. As you can see. I wanted them.
My sis said "how appropriate."
 I think she was being sarcastic.
Probably just jealous though. ;)
Coffee + Dark chocolate.
It's the dark chocolate that won my heart.
Or maybe that ridiculously handsome husband of mine.
 And his thoughtful chocolate-buying ways. :D
Me + a very cool wall. 
We were shopping. 
And as usual, I got distracted by taking photos. 
Or pre-visualizing photos for someone else to take. 

Speaking of shopping....
Coupons + sales + birthday money = one very happy 29-year-old
.... and... in the middle of shopping, there was a voicemail that made me smile.
Three little girl-niece voices singing me "happy birthday." *my heart melted*

 The birthday dinner.... at the Gamble Mill Tavern.
(I promise, we look better in person. :P Like when I'm not wearing 4-inch heels, slouching and hoping the waitress doesn't drop my iphone.)
Nothing is finished until dessert is served...
We went to Cafe on the Park (because they have the best coffee in Bellefonte. Really.)
and they just *happened* to be serving Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting...
My absolute favorite cake.
Yes. Perfect end to the perfect birthday.

My favorite part? Spending the whole day with my favorite person in the whole world.
My favorite memory of the past year? the day I married my favorite person in the whole world.
My favorite gift? That black handbag. I finally feel like a grownup. Because I have a handbag, a real woman's handbag!... I've had the same purse for about 5 years, and an identical one for 5 years before that. And honestly? That purse needed to be buried. Because they fell apart. And they were too small. And they look like a teenager bought them.... Oh yes, and I love that my husband gave me the handbag, but let me choose it. Because I'm a little choosy about stuff I carry every day. :D
Do you feel old at 29? Not really. :) Maybe a little wiser than one year ago.
29 is awesome thus far.... and the best is yet to come.

"she looks to the future and smiles."
Proverbs 31:25


  Contact Naomi * View Online Portfolio * "Like" Me on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. This looked like the perfect birthday! Lucky charms and all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!! Looks like it was amazing!

    M:)

    ReplyDelete