Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome Spring :)

Last week... before the *official* first day of spring, there was some glorious spring-ish weather. After work, I decided to be spontaneous! I skipped my daily gym workout, headed home to grab my camera and started walking through my quaint little hometown.

The first sign of spring was in my own front garden. And I smiled.


Remnants of winter...


And I love stone architecture...

and church signs..

a lonely stairway...

This former Governor's mansion is my second-favorite house in town! I have a faint memory of seeing the inside of the ballroom once when I was a child. Sadly, it was only used as a huge storage room. I still remember the double stairways that came down towards the dancefloor. This place has been a part of my historical fantasy world... maybe one day it could be bautiful inside again!

I guess it is Bellefonte's claim to fame.


And the true test of Spring? When the weather becomes too warm for me to justifiably drink a hot latte! My walk-about-town ended with a good hour of contemplation on the patio of my favorite local coffe shop.. drinking this lovely bit of heaven. A frozen mocha!

Happy Spring! I am SO. GLAD. to see you!

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS photos!! My favorite is the one of the bright blue crocus. My favorite color!

    ReplyDelete