Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Personal: My Seniors 2010

So I'm a leader at my church's youth group. I get to spend tons of time with teenagers. And frankly, that makes me pretty happy. I think that teenagers are the most fascinating creatures on the planet. Well, besides prairie dogs. Because prairie dogs bark (but that's a different subject entirely!).

Every year, some of my teenagers graduate from high school and make the big jump into adulthood. And from youth group to young adult group. It's a bittersweet time for me.



In 2010, all of my seniors are girls. And so we've spent TONS and TONS of time together!! Talking to them, preaching to them, having coffee & conversation, going to youth camp together, being silly, being serious... Girls' sleepovers and movie nights and Saturday AM breakfasts, hanging out, baking pies, getting messy, puddle-jumping, getting pranked, summer teatime, lots of hair straightening and nail-painting, so much giggling and generally living life for Jesus together.

I'm gonna miss their beautiful, smiling faces!

While I'm a little sad that I don't get to see them ALL the time, it's a super-exciting time... listening to them talk endlessly about the future, their hopes and dreams, their plans, their passions and their life pursuits.


Girls, I love you all and can't wait to see the amazing places that God takes you in life. Keep your eyes on Him!

"Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future."
Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment