Monday, July 12, 2010

{Personal} 4th of July = Fireworks

This year, the 4th of July fell on a Sunday... and more specifically, the Sunday that we would be travelling towards Texas with the youth group for our annual summer youth camp/conference. We reached our mid-point at about 6:00 pm on Sunday evening.
Ste. Genevieve, Missouri
Home of friends that my family has known longer than I have been alive!! I love these people. :) We seem to have a great system going where someone in our families happen to stay with each other on ministry trips... so we "catch-up" every year or so.

This year, on the 4th of July... so we bonded with fireworks! :)


When dusk began to fall, the whole youth group + 3 adults + family friends + several dogs trekked to a nearby lake for a * bigger* fireworks display.

It looks so peaceful... but looks can be deceiving! LOL

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*
Fireworks started erupting in every direction... In front of us, behind us, to the left, to the right, across the lake. Everywhere!



I think everybody and their brother were setting off fireworks.. What a cool vibe though. Soooo awesome!

And these are some more interesting shots that I took that night.

Fireball!

The Dancing Children (yes, I named it). :) I look at it over and over again. I don't know -- it just speaks to me. :)
It was hands-down the best. 4th of July. ever!

1 comment:

  1. These photos are gorgeous!! You have such talent!! I love your perspective :)

    ReplyDelete